Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 3!


This week was a whole new experience. Congress is back in session so “the BOSS” is back… I haven’t seen him in person yet, but I’ve seen a lot of C-SPAN coverage of him on the floor arguing about budget problems. My staffer Hayden was also back and we have been very busy trying to get things put together. It was nice to be busy and have things to do. I think I’ve settled into my schedule, and I finally know what I’m doing. It is exciting to be involved in the hustle of the hill! This week there was a HUGE demonstration marking the anniversary of Roe v Wade and there were around 15,000 people marching around. It was CRAZY!

I’ve gotten to know the Capitol Building like the back of my hand, at least the parts I’m allowed to wander around in. I helped on my first tour, and I think I did pretty dang good. I know a lot about every room in the building, and it’s hard to edit what I know in order to fit the tour into the allotted time schedule. I even have some favorite statues at this point!
Ronald Reagan in the Rotunda..my favorite!


The weekend couldn’t come fast enough… the work week wears me out. We decided to go out to the Holocaust Museum on Saturday… SO SAD! It was depressing and deep, the fact that people did that to each other blows my mind! I went with my roommates that I love, so it was still a good experience. I would recommend everyone going there once in their lives. I don’t feel like I ever need to go back again.  We went out to dinner at what is quickly becoming my favorite place for a hamburger (besides my dads!)... Burgers Taps and Shakes!
Such a sad place
Me Kelli and Lauren

SO GOOD!


Today me, Lauren and Sadie went and checked out the Chinese New Year in Chinatown to help ring in the year of the Dragon! As I am a dragon, this year should be super good for me! It was crazy, there were so many people and firecrackers and noise!! It was super cool, there are so many different cultures out here. I love learning new things about them. Happy Sunday Everyone.  
Chinatown!
Year of the Dragon!

No comments:

Post a Comment