Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bienvenida a Miami!


So my parents decided to surprise me with a trip this weekend. They were very sneaky about it, not telling me where I was going, just that I needed to take Thursday and Friday off work and something would be happening. Ha I screamed right out loud when they finally told me what was going down… I was flying to Miami on Thursday night to meet up with my parents and my sister!

Needless to say, the week went kind of slow after I found out. Thursday finally came and I was on my way! I felt all grown up and urban on my way… took the Metro to the airport, found my plane, had a layover in Atlanta, and finally made it to Miami. I did a little dance when my parents pulled up in the white Dodge Charger at the airport!

Friday we woke up and went down to the beach. We were staying in Key Largo on a yacht club, so there were huge boats everywhere. I was very cautious about the sunscreen, since Brooklyn had fried herself lobster red the day before. She wrapped herself in a towel and didn’t let the sun touch any part of her haha.
After Brooklyn and I got bored of sitting in the sun, and our fair skin just couldn’t handle anymore, we got ready and drove down to Key West. It is such an interesting place, and has a crazy night life. The cruise ships drop off all their drunk people who then wander the streets. We ate at Hard Rock CafĂ©, as per tradition, and then wandered around for a while. 

Family!! 
Me and my lobster sissy :)


Saturday we woke up early and made the 5 hour drive to Orlando. Why did we do this?? THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER!!! Yes, I have been to Hogsmeade, Hogwarts, Zonko’s Joke Shop, Honeydukes, ridden a broomstick with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, had my own mug of Butterbeer, seen Olivander choose someone a wand, and ridden the dragons in the Tri Wizard Tournament. I was just like a little kid, running here and there with my mouth open. The castle is AWESOME and as you wait in line you walk through the dungeons, the Herbology greenhouse, Dumbledore’s office, and the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom… so EPIC! I felt like I had traveled to London and waited for Harry to pop out everywhere I turned. I geeked out the entire time!!

Entering Hogsmeade!

Hogwarts!!

We were so excited!!!

 After our time in Harry Potter land, we hit up the rest of Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios. The Incredible Hulk was the sweetest roller coaster any of us had ever been on… it shoots you out the top and you’re immediately turning upside down… loved it! We were lucky enough to be there during the Mardis Gras celebration. There was a parade where we caught beads and saw people on stilts, and afterwards there was a free Kelly Clarkson concert in the streets of Universal Studios. Ha lucky me! I’ve always liked her, and we ended up with a pretty sweet spot to watch from.

Sunday we woke up and went back to Harry Potter land and caught everything we hadn’t the day before. Brooklyn found a wand for herself and I got a chocolate frog. I haven’t opened it yet, but I’m excited to see whose trading card I got!!

After we finished in Harry Potterland it was about time to go. We rode a few more rides in Universal Studios (return of the mummy is awesome!) and then it was time to go. Saddest time of my life, saying goodbye to the magical place, but never fear I will be back!!

Key West

Love mom and dad

Hard Rock!

Hard Rock!



We drove back to Miami and caught our flights out the next morning. I got home around 12:30 and fully planned on taking a nap since I’d woken up at 4 to catch my flight. Ha the joke was on me… my roommate Kelli had planned on going to the Library of Congress and so I went with her. It is a beautiful building! We were allowed to take pictures in the reading room, which only happens twice a year. It was awesome, well worth going. We then made our way down to the mall, to thank Mr. Washington and Mr. Lincoln for the day off. The Lincoln Memorial was beautiful and people had sent flowers to decorate the bottom. It’s one of my favorites, such an awe inspiring building. 

Love the Capitol!

Inside the Library of Congress

The Reading Room!

Me and Kelli on the steps of the Supreme Court

Beautiful Day

 That sums up my favorite weekend since I’ve been here… got to see most of my family, Harry Potter Land, and some sights in DC. I am exhausted, but it was totally worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment