Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I decided to resurrect the blog. I have a lot of thoughts flowing around in my head and I think I'd like to send them out to the universe. 

Growing up is hard. No one tells you all the things that come with being an adult-you have bills that have to be paid (okay I don't have a ton of those yet, but I am looking to the future), you lose friends (probably one of the hardest things I have gone through in my life to this date), you go to bed early because you have to get up early (yeah I still miss Jimmy Fallon's show every night and he even moved up an hour), and you have a real life grown up 9-5 job with no foreseeable quit date (that was a scary one for me!!). I sometimes wish someone would have told me to enjoy the moment, have fun when life isn't handing you responsibilities. Maybe they did tell me that, but I wasn't listening. 


Now I'm not saying that my life is all work and sadness, I have a lot of good things going for me: My family is awesome- I have 6 best friends that I get to hang out with every day and we get along 99.394823% of the time. I have been working that grown up job for about 4 months and I most days enjoy it. I have the coolest co-worker and I get to hang out with her all day (she also happens to be my mom, I lucked out and got a job in the same office as her)! I definitely enjoy the paycheck :) I am going on my first trip across the ocean to Europe in May thanks to said paycheck, I am very excited. (74 days until I go, but who's counting??) I am a more mature, level headed female than I was a couple of years ago (note to people I offended/hurt/saddened/angered: I am sorry, I think I learned from it and I plan on being a better person every day), and I think I'm a much better member of society as a whole (for example: I most recently attended my first city council meeting. I was bored to tears but attending is the first step, right?)


To sum it up, I think I might be a grown up now. This is scary and awesome and kind of weird. I am hoping I can keep track of my life experiences and only show improvements from here on out!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl. That is the first step. Did you learn anything interesting?

    ReplyDelete